Parent School Association (PSA)
Dear parents, it's truly wonderful to have you in our community, and we're grateful for the positive feedback on the warm and family-like atmosphere you've found in our school since day one. This special vibe is fuelled by our passion and commitment, and your ongoing support makes it all possible. This academic year, our aim is to welcome more parents into our Parent School Association, creating additional moments and experiences for our children together.
Purpose of the PSA
The Parent School Association (PSA), in harmony with the school's guiding statements, is dedicated to cultivating a vibrant and connected school community. By fostering belonging, maintaining integrity, promoting grit, and encouraging kindness, the PSA actively contributes to the broader mission of empowering learners to lead with compassion, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking. Together, we envision and design a better world, weaving strong bonds within our school community.
Structure of the PSA
The PSA comprises of five core positions:
To provide specific support for various sections of the school, we've formed seven committees:
Opportunities within the PSA
In our Parent School Association (PSA) structure, we are grateful to Ms. Lara Freiha for her continued dedication and creativity as the President. We're excited to open up opportunities for parents to take on various roles according to their preferences, including positions like Vice-president, Secretary, Treasurer, Lead of Committees and Team Leaders for each of the 7 Committees. It's all about fostering a collaborative and engaged community, and we encourage you to consider joining and contributing your unique skills and ideas.
Activities of the PSA
- Organising information/social events for new parents to the school
- Organising welcome events for new students to the school
- Arranging talks on topics of interest to parents, e.g. guest speaker on parenting/discipline etc.
- Providing support/organisational input to major school events
- Channelling parents views on school policy issues to school management
- Contributing to school newsletter
- Helping to organise and supervise extracurricular activities
- Organising Fund Raising Events for the school
If you would like to join the PSA, please contact Claudia Cojocea at email@example.com.