Please note: If you still wish to apply for the current academic year 2017-2018, kindly contact the admission department (firstname.lastname@example.org), for further information on the availability of seats.
For the next academic year 2018-2019, the admission department will be open to receive your online applications starting from December 3rd, 2017. Thank you.
The International School of London (ISL) Qatar offers a rigorous international education to students from age 3-18. In addition to the International Baccalaureate Primary Years, Middle Years and Diploma Programmes, ISL is known for its exclusive mother tongue language programmes integrated into the curriculum. 80 nationalities are represented in the student body with over twelve mother tongue languages taught. ISL Qatar is seeking students who have a good record of achievement and attendance and will contribute positively to the life of the school.
The best way to determine whether the school is a good match for your family is to make an online reservation for a school tour which takes place each Monday. Alternatively, the office is open from 7.00am to 3.00pm, Sunday to Thursday for scheduled appointments. Please note, due to the volume of applications, unscheduled visits cannot be accommodated.
To Apply for Admission, please submit the following:
- Completed application form with one passport-size photo.
- Copies of the applicant’s and the parent or guardian’s passport and Qatar ID (Residence permit number).
- School records for the previous two years and all available records for the current year, as available.
- The results of any and all standardized testing, including educational evaluations or other medical reports.
- Completed Teacher Evaluation Form.
- Copy of the applicant’s vaccination card.
- For Qatari students transferring from abroad, a certificate of equivalency attested from the MOE in Qatar is required.
- Evaluation fee of QAR530 paid by credit card, cash, cheque or bank transfer. The Evaluation Fee covers administrative costs only and does not guarantee a place in the school.
Please note, the application will not be considered until all the items have been received. Parents are advised to read the Admissions Information which includes the Terms and Conditions of the school. The signature of the parent or guardian on the Application Form constitutes acceptance of all stated Terms and Conditions, Fee regulations and the notice of withdrawal.
Application is made by submitting all the documents on the checklist at which point the file will be considered for admission review and assessment. The applications which are accepted will be then placed in a waiting pool awaiting placement subject to availability. Once the applicant has been offered a place, parents will need to confirm the offer within a limited time frame by:
- Signing and returning the acceptance letter before the deadline set in the offer letter.
- Paying the non-returnable Registration Fee of QAR 2,652.
- Securing the seat by paying the non-refundable advance payment of QAR 2,500 per child (the advance payment will be deducted from the first installment).
- Depending on acceptance date, the first term’s tuition fee may also be due.
- If the deadline is missed, the offer will be withdrawn.
Correlation of Programmes School Year 2018 - 2019
|Age||Birthdate (30 Sept cut-off)||ISL London & ISL Qatar||ISL Surrey||US||UK||IB|
|3-4||Oct. 1 2014 - Sept. 30 2015||Early Childhood 1||Early Childhood 1||3 yr old||Nursery||ECP1|
|4-5||Oct. 1 2013 - Sept. 30 2014||Early Childhood 2||Early Childhood 2||Pre- Kindergarten||Reception||ECP2|
|5-6||Oct. 1 2012 - Sept. 30 2013||Kindergarten||Kindergarten||Kindergarten||Year 1||PYP1|
|6-7||Oct. 1 2011 - Sept. 30 2012||Grade 1||Grade 1||Grade 1||Year 2||PYP2|
|7-8||Oct. 1 2010 - Sept. 30 2011||Grade 2||Grade 2||Grade 2||Year 3||PYP3|
|8-9||Oct. 1 2009 - Sept. 30 2010||Grade 3||Grade 3||Grade 3||Year 4||PYP4|
|9-10||Oct. 1 2008 - Sept. 30 2009||Grade 4||Grade 4||Grade 4||Year 5||PYP5|
|10-11||Oct. 1 2007 - Sept. 30 2008||Grade 5||Grade 5||Grade 5||Year 6||PYP6|
|11-12||Oct. 1 2006 - Sept. 30 2007||Grade 6||Grade 6||Grade 6||Year 7 / Form 1||MYP1|
|12-13||Oct. 1 2005 - Sept. 30 2006||Grade 7||Grade 7||Grade 7||Year 8 / Form 2||MYP2|
|13-14||Oct. 1 2004 - Sept. 30 2005||Grade 8||Grade 8||Grade 8||Year 9 / Form 3||MYP3|
|14-15||Oct. 1 2003 - Sept. 30 2004||Grade 9||Grade 9||Grade 9||Year 10 / Form 4||MYP4|
|15-16||Oct. 1 2002 - Sept. 30 2003||Grade 10||Grade 10 (2015)||Grade 10||Year 11 / Form 5||MYP5|
|16-17||Oct. 1 2001 - Sept. 30 2002||Grade 11||Grade 11 (2016)||Grade 11||Year 12 / Lower Sixth||IBD1|
|17-18||Oct. 1 2000 - Sept. 30 2001||Grade 12||Grade 12 (2017)||Grade 12||Year 13 / Upper Sixth||IBD2|