Parent School Association (PSA)
Parent participation is at the core of the school and is included in our mission statement and abiding values. Parent involvement makes a significant statement about the importance of education, reinforces the values of our school, and benefits all of the members of our community. The membership of the Parent Committee at ISL reflects each area of the school and aims to include parents to represent the nationalities and languages of the families in our community. To be a member of the committee, all that you need is a sense of commitment and a capacity to contribute to the benefit of the school community.
Activities in which the Parents Committee is involved
- Organising information/social events for new parents to the school
- Organising welcome events for new students to the school
- Arranging talks on topics of interest to parents, e.g. guest speaker on parenting/discipline etc.
- Providing support/organisational input to major school events
- Channeling parents views on school policy issues to school management
- Contributing to school newsletter
- Helping to organise and supervise extracurricular activities
- Organising Fund Raising Events for the school
The Parent Committee meets a minimum of once a month. Meeting reminders and agendas are forwarded to the school management team at least five working days prior to the meeting. Parent committee members are asked to attend all meetings.
The primary form of communication between the school and members of the Parent Committee is through email and social media. Members of the Parent Committee are encouraged to communicate with members of the school community using the means they see most appropriate. When parents email a request for information or assistance to a member of the Parent Committee, the issue can be forwarded directly to members of school management or can be brought up for discussion at the following Parent Committee meeting, depending on the urgency of the issue. Should a member of the Parent Committee receive an email or request which is of a sensitive nature the committee member should forward the email or communication directly to a member of management and no further communication or action should be taken without approval from school management.