A healthy learner is a successful learner and here at the International School of London (ISL) Qatar we are committed to ensuring that your child has the best available care to support their learning.
We have two full time licensed Registered Nurses to attend to and manage all health and wellbeing needs of students and staff. We provide first aid and support any medical intervention in the event of an emergency. Growth monitoring and vision screening is carried out yearly by the nurses along with supporting the Ministry of Public Health during the Grade 10 Tdap campaign.
To help support a healthy environment for your child please see below some important requirements needed from you. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact either Nurse Betty or Nurse Ailsa by email at - email@example.com
- All parents must complete an online medical health record for each child informing us of any and all allergies and medical conditions and the required treatment
- All students must be provided with a healthy snack or enough money to purchase snack and lunch at the canteen
- No peanuts or nut products are allowed in school
- All students must bring a reusable water bottle at school
- If your child requires any regular medication or rescue medication for allergies e.g. EpiPen please provide us with the medication in its original container labelled with child’s name, date of birth and prescription. This will be safely stored in the nurse room for use in the event of an emergency
- To ensure everyone's health and wellbeing please do not send your child to school if they have:
- Fever (> 38 Celsius)
- Vomiting and/or Diarrhea
- Unexplained rash
- If they have required Panadol or Ibuprofen during the night or morning time before coming to school
Ailsa Barnsdale Green
Ailsa is a Registered Nurse licensed in the United Kingdom and Qatar. After graduating from the Robert Gordon University, Scotland, she worked with the Marie Curie Foundation as a Palliative Care and Palliative Wound Care staff nurse. Thereafter she travelled to the Middle East working in Hematology. After taking a short break to start her own family she returned to work in the school setting. She now has 15 years’ experience working as a school nurse and is the current Child Protection officer at International School of London. She is currently studying “Leading People Centered Integrated Care” and when she does has free time you can find her exploring the coastline of Qatar on her kayak.
Nancy Beatriz Corveas Carrasco
Nancy holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from Medical University in Cuba, with a Teaching Category in Nursing, as member of the Scientific Nursing Society in Cuba and the Gulf Area. She has two publications and more than fifteen research certificates. Prior to joining ISL Qatar, she worked with Hamad Medical Corporation in the Cuban Hospital as Director of Nursing in Education and Research, and appointed as Assistant Executive Director of Nursing. She was selected by Ministry of Health in Qatar as a nurse coordinator for Joint Commission International at The Cuban Hospital and head of the Patient and Family Education Chapter. After work, she enjoys movies and swimming at the beach.